AEC power in action at GCR
One of the longest surviving vehicles in preservation was among the highlights of the Leicester Transport Heritage Trust rally and running day on 21 April at Quorn & Woodhouse station on the Great Central Railway where two other vehicles made their operating debuts. All have AEC engines.
Standing out in a line-up of preserved Leicester City Transport double-deckers was 329 (CBC 921), the 1939 tri-axle
AEC Renown with 64-seat Northern Counties bodywork in the care of Leicestershire Museums. Behind it in this view are 1964 East Lancs-bodied Leyland Titan PD3A/1 90 (90 HBC) and 1961 AEC/Park Royal Bridgemaster 217 (217 AJF).
This was the launch event for BJF 999K, a Plaxton Panorama Elite II-bodied AEC Reliance that Mike Greenwood has restored in the livery of Straw’s of Leicester. It was new to Abbott of Blackpool in 1972 as WFR 167K but has assumed its current identity by combining parts of two coaches into one.