ST IVES BUS COMPANY
Based: Head Office and depot – Penbeagle Industrial Estate, St Ives, Cornwall
Founded: England’s westernmost bus company traces its roots to the 1920s when Thomas Stevens started operating a hackney, and obtained road service licences when introduced in 1931, operating one vehicle on excursions and tours from St Ives. The earliest vehicle recorded by the PSV Circle was Bedford WLB/Strachan CV 8479, 1933.
Remained with Stevens family for over 70 years, adopting blue/ivory livery and Blue Coaches fleetname. Acquired St Ives operators Warren in 1954 and Crimson Tours 1965. When June Stevens took over in 1972, other family members sold coaches while she retained the minibuses, trading as St Ives Mini Bus Company, later St Ives Midi Bus Company.
Business sold January 2006 to Eileen and Albert Fox whose St Ives Bus Company Ltd had been formed in 2004. They had previously operated band buses from Redruth as Foxy Music Nightliners.