SCOTLAND SINCE 1958

1958

Tramcar operation in Aberdeen ended on Saturday 3 May; the normal Bridge of Dee-Bridge of Don service ceased at 18.00 when a fleet of new Metro-Cammell or Park Royal-bodied AEC Regent Vs took over. That evening, a six-tram procession took place from Bridge of Dee to the Town House, joined over part of the route by one of the original horse trams. The replacement Bridges bus service was extended at each end to Balgownie and Garthdee, incorporating previous bus/tram feeder routes.

1968

Glasgow Corporation’s 1967 Alexander-bodied Leyland Atlantean LA362 was converted to a one-man operated bus and used on service 21 (Midland Street-Pollok), alongside Leyland Panthers LS31-3 and Leyland Worldmaster LS26.

<

Want to read more?

This is a premium article and requires an active subscription.

Existing subscriber? Sign in now

No subscription?

Pick one of our introductory offers