Fleet News Scotland: August 2020

Cameron's Camera
Aberdeen Corporation still had two dozen prewar buses in service when Ken Cameron visited the city in June 1957. Among them were Weymann-bodied Daimler COG6s 1 and 2 (RG 9801/2), which entered service in December 1938 and remained until new Daimler CVG6s replaced them in 1960. They were sold to the Aberdeenshire independent, Simpson’s of Rosehearty where they remained licensed until 1963. No.1 on the left, with different front roof dome and driver’s windscreen, was exhibited when new at the Scottish Motor Show in Glasgow in November 1938, probably on the Daimler stand.
 
Fleet News Scotland

Where to send your reports

Want to read more?

This is a premium article and requires an active Key Buses or Key Publishing subscription.

Existing subscriber? Sign in now

No subscription?

Pick one of our introductory offers

3 months

Standard subscription rate £29.99 + VAT

Launch rate £14.99 + VAT

Subscribe now
Reccomended

12 months

Standard subscription rate £69.99 + VAT

Launch rate £34.99 + VAT

Subscribe now

9 months

Standard subscription rate £39.99 + VAT

Launch rate £19.99 + VAT

Subscribe now