Based: Head office and depot – Rhydwen Garage, Bagillt Road, Bagillt, Flintshire, Sub depot at Abbey Bus Garage, Bagillt Road, Greenfield, Holywell, Flintshire
Founded: 1927 by brothers Pryce and Owen Lloyd, and still run from original site by Owen’s grandson David Lloyd, who formed limited company 2005.
Business has diversified since it lost its main work of transporting workers (in doubledeckers) to Shotton steelworks which closed in 1980 and Courtaulds rayon works which closed in 1989. Double-deck fleet, which peaked at 18, is down to three and the end of double-deck school bus operation is approaching. Developed coach operations and has operated tendered bus services since 1986.
Deeside Shuttle demand-responsive services to Deeside Industrial Estate introduced 2003; these metamorphosed into three fixed routes (05:20-23:40) in September 2015 using Flintshire County Council-owned Optare Solos. Operates Flecsi demand-responsive minibus service based at Holywell.