Daimler was Edinburgh Corporation’s preferred supplier in most years from 1930 to 1950, culminating in its purchase of 72 double-deck CVD6s and CVG6s with handsome Birmingham-style Metro-Cammell bodies. The seven CVD6s that preceded them, new in 1947, were quite different in appearance. Their Northern Counties bodies were of a relaxed utility design, far more akin to the vehicles built in wartime than the stylish bodies the Wigan factory had produced in the late 1930s and would soon build again, including on Guy Arab IIIs for Edinburgh. Ken Cameron photographed one of these seven, 106 (FSC 983), in Princes Street in June 1957 on Marchmont Circle service 6, which until May the previous year was one of the city’s tram routes and the one that, as a schoolboy, the comic entertainer Ronnie Corbett travelled on most days before and during the war. Until fleetnumber prefixes were abandoned in May 1951, it was G106. All seven were withdrawn in 1960 and went for scrap early the following year.